Friday, October 21, 2005

Written Off Again

I did something this afternoon that I've never done before. I emailed a radio show.

I was in the computer lab for my english class, working on things completely unrelated to English (unless you count the fact that they're written in English.) There was a big screen up at the front of the room, connected to the prof's computer, and on that screen I could see that he was typing up a diatribe against Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and FoxNews. Apparently, those three entities are responsible for producing a "vulnerable" and "easily scammed" public. Also, college student who listen to Rush or Hannity or watch FoxNews are utterly incapable of logic, will "get nothing out of their college education," and are destined for failure in the real world. Gee, I sure am glad I know all of that now. (If I'm not getting anything out of my education anyway, can we just skip the whole research paper thing?)

So, in between witless assignments, I emailed Sean Hannity, just to let him know what an awful thing he was doing to Americans in general, and college students in particular. Shame on him.

Now, I don't necessarily agree with Rush or Hannity all of the time, but I do listen to their shows. I also like to think that I have a functioning brain. Heck, even my wonky prof. seems to recognize that I have a functioning brain, and I certainly haven't left him in doubt on my political positions. Am I the exception to his very wide rule, or is something just not connecting?

4 comments:

shiny said...

Can I see the e-mail?

Bethany said...

I'd love to show it to you, but since I was at school I had to use my IPFW email address, and I can't figure out how to view my sent mail....It was basicly what I wrote on the blog, just not quite so exasperated. :o)

Anonymous said...

Generally the professors here are more liberal than their students. I don't think they're aware of this, though. After the baby boomer profs retire, maybe things will change on college campuses. And I'm speaking about professors in general -- obviously there are many exceptions.

Jacqui

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I can tell you how to check your sent mail if you want, from home.

Jacqui