Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Be prepared....

I am soooooo fed up with my english class.

Our discussion topic today was file sharing and illegal downloads. The first part of the argument presented by most of the class is that it doesn't matter since illegal downloads only hurt the rich. You're ONLY taking something from the big-time record execs. who roll around in their limos, so it doesn't matter. It'll just level out the playing field more.

The second part was as long as what you're downloading illegally is small, it doesn't really matter. It only matters if its something big like a movie. ..... So, is the $.2 pencil I was wanting to chuck at the prof. not as much my property as the expensive shoe I was wanting to smack him with?

I did try to argue about it. Unfortunately nothing seemed to register. As far as I can tell, I was speaking Portugese. They just sort of smiled indulgently and went on with their discussion. They could have patted me on the head while they were at it. "Good Bethany. I have no idea what you just said, but you have a very nice voice."

Now I have to write 6 papers this week, and I'm just not feeling like putting in any energy towords something that IRKS me as much as this class does.

2 comments:

shiny said...

{winces}

Genuine Lustre said...

What a waste. I had my share of idiot professors too. It's a bummer.
Good luck on those papers.