Monday, October 24, 2011

What Goes On

The blog does not get updated when:

1) I am too cranky and cannot find anything amusing to say, particularly as regards my job.

2) I am in Fort Wayne, enjoying some quality time with my six favorite people in the whole world, plus Pastor and Jacqui.

On the job front, I gave notice on Thursday. Everyone cheer! I have another situation lined up, which should be much more reasonable in its demands and much less frustrating. It will also--I anticipate--furnish much less in the way of blog-fodder, so be prepared. I'll be taking care of the 8 mo. old son of one of Evan's classmates. This means that my husband and I will be on the same schedule, most of the time AND I will have Fridays off. Way back in September, I did commit to giving a full month's notice, though, so I will be stuck with my Indian friends through November 18. Oh well. Discounting vacation days (theirs), I only have 16 full days of work left. I imagine I'll pull through just fine.

As to our weekend in Fort Wayne, it was as wonderful as might have been anticipated. We stayed Thursday night at my father's this-is-NOT-a-bachelor-pad. My daddy and I had a nice drive over to Fort Wayne on Friday morning, while Evan attended a career fair in Chicago. Shopping, cooking, eating, visiting with the Petersens over dinner and cake, church at Redeemer, attention from my cat and my little brothers...all awesome.

2 comments:

Diane Meyer said...

Cheering! I don't know how you lasted as long as you did. Shows great character that you gave it a good try. I am sure Prita will remember some of the great things you taught her

gra said...

So glad you'll soon be finished with Prita and her family. I agree with Diane; it says a lot for you that you were able to hang on until you found a better situation to move into.