Monday, September 27, 2010

Embracing the moment

As always, I've been meaning to get back to writing. Every few days I think, "Hey, I should blog.... I wonder what we have around here to eat...." And then I eat, but I don't blog.

At the moment, however, it just seemed like the thing to do. I'm sitting in the local independent coffee shop with my Mac, sipping a chai. To fully appreciate and engage in this hipster-y moment, I need to blog.

Ok, so I'm also missing the skinny jeans, plaid shirt, and heavy glasses, but work with me here. It's a start.

And, in the meantime, I can try to think of something slightly more substantial to say.

2 comments:

Bi-Coloured-Python-Rock-Snake said...

I've been hitting this point, too... ever since I decided to bring my blog back, I can't seem to figure out what I actually want to say. I could share links and short commentaries all day long, but Facebook handles that pretty well. Apparently I need to start having original thoughts. Hmmmm.

Elephantschild said...

A teen walked by our house this morning on his way to school wearing day-glo orange skinny jeans, and Nordic-patterned ski cap, and a bright yellow back-pack.

I presume he had a shirt on and perhaps shoes, but as I was writhing on the floor clutching my seizing and twitching eyeballs, I couldn't tell.

I think he needs hipster lessons.