Friday, January 29, 2010

Start time: 11:00. End time: 5:30.

I attended my first deposition yesterday.


No, not that kind of deposition.


No, not that kind either.

It would be fun to describe it and give everyone a little taste of what the day was like, but I am too darn tired.

Actually, that pretty much describes it. 6 1/2 hours of detailed questioning and no food. (The rumor is true. Lawyers really do live on coffee. One more reason I'm just not cut out for law.) I was only there to take notes, charm the co-defense counsel and the client, and ensure that my boss knew when the deponent contradicted the records. Oh yeah, and to make sure the lawyers had enough coffee. It was interesting, though, and it was good practice. Apparently we'll be having an eight-day marathon of depositions for one of our cases in May. Gah.

2 comments:

Elephantschild said...

I don't know where you got that woodcut, but it is completely awesome.

Sean said...

that first one is a decollation.