Monday, November 23, 2009

Humbug.

Call me a curmudgeon, but I do not appreciate that every single stinkin' pop station in Fort Wayne has changed over to an all-Christmas, all-the-time format. It's not even December yet and I am already more than tired of "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" and "Silver Bells". At work today I had to make several long phone calls (trying to track down a felonious doctor... but that's another story), which necessarily included being left on hold to enjoy a fine selection of Christmas muzak. "Silver Bells" as rendered by synth and sax.

On the positive side, hearing "Silver Bells" made me think of my brother, who does a hilarious sloshed Dean Martin impression (or is that redundant?) And that made me laugh out loud.

Having complained, I must admit that I will be enjoying some laid back Christmas shopping on Friday, soaking up the festive atmosphere and possibly, maybe singing along with some carols.

1 comment:

Elephantschild said...

Should be "SLIVER Bells" - a sliver of Christmas pain, right in the temples. Bah!

I enjoy Black Friday when a) I don't have really serious shopping to get done and b) I'm by myself or with only one or two people and do not have to try to keep up with either a herd of women or children.

The people-watching is priceless.