Sunday, March 12, 2006

The End is drawing near....

Spring Break is officially over in just over an hour. I admit, I'm feeling a little depressed by this. I'm not quite ready to re-relinquish my time-freedom and messed up sleeping habits.

I'm trying to look at the bright side of this. I figure, if spring break keeps going and going, the semester would never end, I'd never actually finish my current classes, I wouldn't get to study in Germany my Junior year because my Junior year would never come.... All sorts of dreadful catastrophes would ensue. Yes, I fear we're all much better off coming back from spring break, getting on with life, and looking forward to summer.

This sunny outlooks is being made easier by the fact that I only have one class tomorrow and its my favorite. Ask me Tuesday morning, when I have a 6+ hour stretch of classes to look forward to, if I'm feeling as optimistic. :oP

Tomorrow I'm easing back into my scholarly life by waking up before 8:00 and belly-dancing. yes, seriously. My mother and I got some instructional videos and belly-dancing is now part of our workout routine. After that we're going to blow all the work we just did by having french toast for breakfast. After all, what is the point of exercising if you can't eat well afterwards? Endorphins are well and good, but tack a good breakfast on too and you have something.

2 comments:

Genuine Lustre said...

Bethany - are you doing those tapes by the identical twins Neena and Veena? I have a couple and loved to do them during my last pregnancy. Made my back feel so much better.

Tell your mom I said that only someone with a "real woman's body' can properly bellydance ( that would be your mom and I -- you in your size 2 jeans, well, you'll just have to wait). : )

Bethany said...

Yep, it's Neena and Veena. The clips it showed of them actually dancing were pretty spectacular (though my brothers claimed to be creeped out....)