Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Loving my Music

Now that classes are over, piano lessons are over till next semester, and I don't have anything stressing me out, I've rediscovered my piano.

It's not that I forgot it was there, or that I didn't play it during the school year. I had to practice daily, but (especially towards the end) I hated every minute of it. I would get a head ache AND a stomache ache, just looking at the keys. I never played any of my fun, not for school music.

Just this week, though, I've been playing every chance I get. I'll sit down for 15 minutes every so often, play through a few songs, and go back to whatever I was doing previously. I can't stay away long though, and I'll be back an hour later to play some more.
I got some new music last week, which may be partially to blame. My mother bought me a "Best of the 1890s" album (yes-1890s, as in 110 years ago) which has some ridiculously fun songs in it. I just wish someone else in my family were willing to sing along with me. She also bought me a Sonata album, which has been wonderful (Clementi is now my favorite composer to play-his sonatas are sooo much fun!)
Best of all, we found a book of Pride and Prejudice sheet music. I can now play all of the lovely piano pieces from the P&P soundtrack and that makes me SO happy.....*dreamy sigh*

My problem now is that I have a piano-less month in Australia to look forward to. (I can hear the violins starting now.... c'est tragique.) I'll try my hardest to survive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mother bought me a "Best of the 1890s" album (yes-1890s, as in 110 years ago) which has some ridiculously fun songs in it.

Given your mom's musical tastes, I suspect she misread the title. Happily, you are the beneficiary of her aging eyes.

-Fickel

Anonymous said...

I am just testing some html stuff...

I hope this works


Click this

-Batman