Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Countdown to Takeoff

I'm all dressed up in my travelling suit; my suitcase is packed and zipped up; and, if all goes well and my flight isn't delayed, I'll be taking off for Sydney (via Denver and LA) at 3:00 this afternoon.

I haven't been too nervous about flying halfway around the world by myself....until right now. Now that I've gotten all prepared and know where I'm going at each airport, I'm nervous. Makes a lot of sense, right?

I've been loading up on vitamins, immune boosters, and allergy meds for a few days, but they haven't quite prevented me from getting some sort of respiratory thing, which chose to manifest itself yesterday. I'm counting on it just being allergies, and that my sore throat is only a result of the ENTIRE weekend spent singing the Brahms Requiem.

I still haven't gotten to the "excited" part of the trip. I'm not sure I'll actually realize I'm going to Australia until I've been there a few days.

I'm going to try my hardest to update regularly once I'm in Australia. Seeing what a good job I do of that when I'm at home, *choke* that may or may not happen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do they have American Idol in Australia?

Bethany said...

I have no idea. I'm not even worrying about any of my TV shows while I'm here. They'll all be recorded and waiting for me when I get home.

In the meantime, I'm counting on my mother voting twice as often for Chris, to make up for me not being there to do it myself.