....yes, it's true. I'm taking a break from writing papers about death and dying to BLOG.
I'm taking this from my mother's blog--
1. What's the best live concert you've ever attended?
Josh Groban was fantastic (and I am such a girl)
2. Which band/artist have you seen the most times live?
Well, since I've never seen the same artist more than once, there's a 4 or 5 way tie going on...Jewel, Josh Groban, Loggins and Messina....
3. What's your favorite Madonna song (and I don't want a lame answer like "I don't really like Madonna" -- everyone has to like at least one of her songs for some reason or another)?
Vogue, I suppose
4. If you could learn any musical instrument and be a pro at it overnight, which one would you choose?
I should say the organ, since I'm supposed to be able to play it anyway, but I ADORE the violin
5. Which decade (including our current decade) has the best music?
one of those decades back when Bach was alive :o)
6. Have you ever met any famous musicians? If so, who?
I haven't met any that are famous....yet
7. What is the first song that comes to mind when you think about the following periods in your life: Age 13, 16, 19, 21, 24? What I mean by this question is to pick a song that best symbolizes you or your life at that age. Don't think hard about it -- the idea is to give the first song that pops in your head for whatever reason.
13: Truly, Madly, Deeply by Savage Garden
16: How You Remind Me by Nickleback
19: Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts
21: so sorry....can't see into the future
8. What is the best soundtrack of all time?
movie soundtrack- Return of the King
Musical soundtrack- My Fair Lady
9. What is one song that you love that many people might be surprised to know?
there are so many! ;o) I'm going to cheat and list a few.... Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne, The Wall by Pink Floyd, Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana, and Pour Some Sugar on Me by Def Leppard
10. What's your favorite song that only has numbers in the title? (i.e. if there was a song called "101" or "One hundred and one," this would be valid. Also, I'll allow the word "the" and any words that indicate durations, such as minutes, hours, days, months, years, etc.).
11. What do you think is the most overused or annoying word that too many people include in their songs?
Baby (except in the song "Baby Baby")
12. What's your favorite Christmas song (traditional or contemporary)?
traditional- Of the Father's Love Begotten and What Child is This
contemporary- White Christmas (it's Bing!)
13. Personal experiences aside, on an objective level (keep in mind that answering this question will automatically turn it into a subjective one, so even though I say "personal experiences aside," I know what your answer means -- hehe I'm tricky), what is the best song to have playing in the background while you are making out...or dare I say...having sex? I'll allow you to skip this question for any of the following three reasons only: 1) you don't make out, 2) you don't have sex, or 3) you have never had any kind of music playing in the background while engaging in either of these activities...EVER.
I have no experience here so there is no answer
14. If you had your own band, what would you name it?
Dude....I already have a band. The Fiery Nomads (we sound like the Beetles, but with more personality.) ;o)
15. Singer that you really like and that many people might not have ever heard of, and give a link (if available) to their website.
I don't think I have one (I'm so entrenched in pop culture.....there's no escape!!!)