Sunday, January 01, 2006

Anniversary Bash

My great-grandparent's 70th(!!!!) anniversary was today. (My mother talks about them here.) We helped give a reception for them this afternoon. Great-Grandma Beery kept telling me she couldn't believe how many people came and that they must not have anything better to do.

She was definitely right, if not in the way she thought. I can't think of much that could have been better than being around there today. Besides getting to visit with my wonderful great-grandparents, I had the chance to meet second and third cousins (never mind how many times removed...that just got too mind-boggling after a while.) I got to watch my grandma chit-chat with an old school-friend, sharing inside jokes about old teachers that she probably hadn't thought of in years. Patrick, being the charmer that he is, went around introducing himself to EVERYONE and making EVERYONE fall in love with him. It was also really cool to see all the parts of our family together (which my mother is getting ready to blog about....here.)

Now if only I'd had the foresight not to wear high heels all day....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved reading your thoughts about G&G's party. It was wonderful to see Mother & Dad enjoying those who came and I loved the way you and the rest of your family just knew what needed to be done and helped make the day go so well. Thanks & love, GRA

Unknown said...

I was delighted to find this web site. I wanted to thank you for your time reading this wonderful! I really enjoyed every bit of it and I've marked to ensure that the blog post something new.
Advertising agencies in Pakistan