Thursday, December 29, 2005

A little bit of everything....

It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that I'm a dreadful correspondant. I can't even remember to write on my blog, let alone write an email or (horrors!) a letter. So, anyone who is reading this and is owed a note of any sort, I'm terribly sorry.

We had a nice laid-back and relaxed Christmas. My grandparents came to stay over Christmas Eve and go to church with us. After church on Christmas day we just hung out around the house.

On Monday we went to see "King Kong" which was just AWESOME. The bugs....eww, the bugs. They didn't scare me, but they sure were disgusting. Andrew loved them, especially the wormy-thing, but he's just a weird little kid. ;o) One of the reviews in the Fort Wayne paper said something about Adrien Brody's character, Jack, being weak and uninteresting and bemoaning the fact that Ann might even consider him over Kong. I had to disagree. Jack was wonderful and he definitely wasn't weak. (The dude went charging off into the jungle BY HIMSELF to save the girl. Stupid, maybe. Weak, no.)

Last night Patrick and I went with Pr. Petersen, Thomas, and Winston to rent skis for the ski trip we're going on next week. I'm so excited! I haven't been skiing for over two years, and I didn't think I'd get to go along this time because of school, but we figured out last night that the timing won't conflict after all. I'll be taking a lesson when we get there, as will my dad.

After we got finished with the skis, Patrick, Thomas, Winston, and I went to a dance lesson. Well, really we got lost on the way there, missed the early lesson, went out for coffee, and made it to the next one. We learned the swing (which Patrick and I already knew) and the cha-cha. The cha-cha is sooo much fun....almost as much fun as the foxtrot, my current favorite dance.

No comments: