Friday, September 02, 2011

Hair Woes

Ahhh, the perennial topic of complaint.

So, it's like this: I let my hair grow out for the wedding and it is now a little longer than shoulder-length. I would say that this is the length where it starts going flat, but I'm not really sure there is a length where it doesn't do that. The upside to my hair right now is that I can leave it down or put it up and either way it looks semi-presentable. I can finally get a good french braid in, and it's been years since I was able to do that.

The downside to my hair right now is that it goes flat and ratty very quickly. I feel like I can't go anywhere without a hairbrush and I'm not comfortable unless it is pulled back somehow, thus camouflaging its tendency to go lank.

The problem is, I'm not sure how much a shorter cut will help. It could, very possibly, remove the things I like about my hair (being able to put it back) but leave all the things I don't like (flat crabbiness).

I would seriously consider just CHOPPING IT ALL OFF and going the pixie cut route, but I know for sure that my husband would not appreciate that. :o)

2 comments:

Jane said...

You would hate the pixie cut after a few days. You've been down that road before. :)

You definitely need some shaping up, but I would try to do it in the context of not going TOO short.

Elephantschild said...

Also to consider - there's nothing wrong with a woman always wearing her hair up, except for her husband. Once upon a time that was the norm, and it still is in many parts of the world. *hugs* Hair style decisions are VERY HARD.