Thursday, March 23, 2006

My piano

My great-grandparents recently moved from their assisted-living apartment to a nursing home. This move meant that many of their belongings had to go elsewhere. My wonderful, sweet great-grandmother gave me her piano.

I recieved it last week. We had a pair of piano movers bring it over from the apartment. It was very out of tune and one of the pedals wasn't working at all, so we called our loyal piano tuner, Mr. McCormick who came out on Tuesday.

We all knew that the piano was a nice one. It's a 1949 Janssen, which are known for being great home pianos. What Mr. McCormick said though, was that my piano is the equivalent of a Stradivarius. Now, that may be an exaggeration, but the sound quality is SPLENDID for an upright. It makes my playing sound....uh, really good!

1 comment:

Anan said...

Have you named it?