Sunday, December 06, 2009

Sunday School Snippets

Bethany: So, what sort of gifts does God give us?
Girl 1: Shoes!...and forgiveness!
Girl 2: Fishnets.

Bethany: ...because Elizabeth was barren.
Girl 3: What's "barren" mean?
Girl 1: It means she can't have any kids. Her womb was closed. [Note: Has someone been paying attention, or what???]
Girl 4: (pause, frowns) I think I'm barren 'cause I've never had any kids.
Girl 1: Girl, that's 'cause you're only ten years old.

Girl 2: So, does God still send Gabriel to people? Like, can I see him sometime?
Girl 1: I think if you don't stop interrupting Bethany when she's reading the lesson, you'll be seeing Gabriel and all the other angels real soon.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Awesome. :)

Adriane said...

I'm so glad it's not just our classroom that feels like it just stepped out of the Twilight Zone . . .

GRA said...

This is sweet, Bethany . . . How old are these little girls?

Bethany said...

These particular girls are 9-10 years old.