Friday, June 30, 2006

Nice cart!

I'd like to say at the outset that this is not meant to be a slight to all teenage boys. If you are one of the many intelligent guys I know, this probably doesn't apply. But honestly. Some of you are idiots.

I was at a golf course yesterday where my mother was doing a presentation. Since it was a beautiful evening, I spent most of it sitting outside in the car with the windows rolled down, reading. I just happened to be parked near the golf cart cleaning station, and this particular golf course appeared to be staffed almost entirely by guys between the ages of 16 and 23.

After about 10 minutes, I noticed that the path the carts were taking had changed, from running behind the car to running right in front of the car.... Then, the guys started really gunning the engines just as they got in front of me.... Then, they started squealing their tires. When they reached the station, they would climb out, swagger a little, and look over at me.

Yeah, they were really hot stuff. In their golf-carts.

I know I'm heartless and mean, but I just laughed at them.

5 comments:

shiny said...

{snickers} I'm not going to make any comment on whether or not that was cruel and heartless because I do the same thing... ;oP

Anonymous said...

Wait... so this dosen't impress girls!?

Guess I'll scratch another one of the list...

1. Throw rocks at window of girl and sing "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" by Meatloaf
2. Rev Golf cart engine in front of girl

3. Win a Pulitzer
4. Star in a daytime Soap Opera
5. Make a tesla coil
6. Grow Patrick-length hair
7. Become rank 1 on Halo 2 rankings
8. Eat a lot

Bethany said...

1. Throw rocks at window of girl and sing "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" by Meatloaf

Wait...The whole thing? All parts? That would be impressive.

Anonymous said...

One would think so, especially since I even sang the girl's parts AND there was no background music. However, in my previous experience it dosen't work so well...

Anonymous said...

{snickersnortgiggle}